Thursday, May 19, 2016

Fit Mom-to-Be Hannah Polites Ignores Negative Comments About Her Pregnancy: ‘I Know I Am Making Informed … – People Magazine

05/19/2016 AT 01:35 PM EDT

Hannah Polites pays no focus to the commenters on her Instagram account, she says she knows that her pregnancy is healthy.

The midwife and lifestyle blogger started sharing photos of her wellness-focused life along with her 1.2 million Instagram supporters in 2012, yet because announcing her pregnancy, the comments have actually shifted to shocked and regularly mean discussions of her small baby bump.

“Unfortunately, it’s become common for society to comment on the healthiness of a person merely from their size being various to just what they perceive to be normal,” Polites, 25, tells PEOPLE. “However, I do not take the small quantity of negative comments to heart, especially once I already know I am making informed decisions once it involves nourishment and workout in pregnancy and motherhood.”

Polites thinks the negativity comes from Exactly how we treat pregnant women.

“Pregnancy is such an emotive topic for women,” she says. “In general, there is a great deal of misinformation once it involves nourishment and healthiness in pregnancy. Society has actually become used to viewing pregnancy as an disease that has to be treated very compared to the normal physiological event that it is the majority of the time. We aren’t used to seeing solid pregnant women yet the fact is that it’s much more normal compared to not.”

Thankfully though, those comments are the minority, and most of Polites’ supporters are thrilled for her.

“It was overwhelmingly positive to be honest, mainly along with themes of inspiration, congratulations and encouragement,” she says.

RELATED VIDEO: Pregnancy is various for Everyone

And her baby, now 6 months along and due in late August or early September, is completely healthy.

“As I have actually a normal, reduced risk pregnancy, research does not support the reason for any type of further ultrasound monitoring of the baby at this point,” Polites explains. “However, I see a primary midwife on a routine basis that ensures I am measuring appropriately for my gestation and checks on the babies and my wellbeing. We are the 2 doing perfectly at the moment.”

It helps that she’s nourishing her baby well along with organic, nutrient-rich foods, and exercising to keep up her energy.

“I was quite physically energetic prior to I fell pregnant, so I have actually thankfully been able to keep on along with most of my training, making changes as vital as the pregnancy progresses,” Polites says. “I still currently participate frequently in strength training, reformer pilates, swimming and strolling and locate that this has actually been my saving grace in combatting fatigue, nausea and aches and pains common in pregnancy.”

“I don’t follow fad diets, or matter gram calories and as an alternative believe in nourishing my physique along with meals in their most natural state possible. I listen to my physique and surely don’t leave myself deprived or hungry. Despite the fact that pregnancy adds some challenges, I hope to reveal women that it’s not only achievable to sustain healthiness and physical fitness throughout pregnancy yet practical for the woman and her baby.”

What Polites truly wishes though, is for women to know that all of pregnancies are not the same.

“all of pregnant bodies are beautiful,” she says. “It’s such a magical process to grow, sustain and birth brand-new life. But, in saying that, we don’t all of feel that elusive glow of pregnancy and there’s nothing wrong along with that!”

“I believe it’s essential not to compare ourselves along with various other women, there is no right or wrong method to carry a baby and there is no universal standard of just what a pregnant physique ought to look like.”